Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we’re excited to share with you a delicious and creamy recipe for peanut butter frozen custard. This frozen treat is perfect for those hot summer days when you’re craving something sweet and refreshing. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can whip up this peanut buttery goodness in no time. So, let’s get started and make some mouth-watering peanut butter frozen custard! We’ve made this peanut butter frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the peanut butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the heavy cream and milk over medium heat until it begins to steam.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm (at least 4 hours).
- Serve and enjoy!
1. Start by whisking together the peanut butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is smooth.2. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition.3. In a separate saucepan, heat the heavy cream and milk over medium heat until it begins to steam.4. Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture, whisking constantly.5. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon (about 10-15 minutes).6. Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.7. Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).8. Once chilled, pour the custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.9. Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm (at least 4 hours).10. When ready to serve, scoop the frozen custard into bowls and enjoy!
How long does peanut butter frozen custard last in the fridge?
Peanut butter frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and flavor.
Low calorie peanut butter frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this peanut butter frozen custard recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, using a low-calorie sweetener instead of granulated sugar can significantly reduce the calorie count. Second, using a lower-fat milk, such as skim or 1%, instead of whole milk can also help reduce the calorie count. Finally, using a lower-fat peanut butter or reducing the amount of peanut butter used can also help lower the calorie count. Additionally, reducing the serving size or using smaller portions can also help reduce the overall calorie count.
What to serve with a peanut butter frozen custard?
Peanut butter frozen custard is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a classic combination, try serving it with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts. Fresh berries or sliced bananas also make a delicious addition, adding a pop of color and natural sweetness. For a more indulgent treat, consider topping the custard with whipped cream or caramel sauce. Alternatively, you could serve it alongside a warm slice of chocolate cake or a crisp cookie for a satisfying contrast in textures.
Whats the best sauce for a peanut butter frozen custard?
The best sauce for peanut butter frozen custard is a rich and decadent chocolate fudge sauce. The creamy and nutty flavor of the peanut butter custard pairs perfectly with the deep and indulgent taste of the chocolate sauce. The sweetness of the custard is balanced out by the bitterness of the chocolate, creating a harmonious and satisfying dessert experience. Drizzle the sauce generously over the custard and top it off with some chopped peanuts for added texture and crunch. Your taste buds will thank you for this delicious combination!
Peanut butter frozen custard health benefits
Unfortunately, peanut butter frozen custard is not a particularly healthy dessert option. While peanut butter does contain some healthy fats and protein, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and calories. A healthier dessert option might be a fruit salad with a dollop of Greek yogurt or a homemade smoothie made with fresh fruit, spinach, and almond milk. These options provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber while also being lower in calories and sugar.