Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we’re excited to share with you our recipe for delicious and refreshing matcha ice cream. Made with high-quality matcha powder, this ice cream is the perfect balance of sweet and earthy flavors. Whether you’re a matcha lover or just looking for a new ice cream flavor to try, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, let’s get started and make some delicious matcha ice cream together! We’ve made this matcha ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of matcha powder until smooth.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does matcha ice cream last in the fridge?
Matcha ice cream can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks after cooking. However, the exact storage time may vary depending on the recipe and ingredients used. It is important to store the ice cream in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and maintain its texture and flavor. Before serving, allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop. It is also recommended to consume the ice cream within a few days of opening the container for the best taste and quality.
Low calorie matcha ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this matcha ice cream recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you could use low-fat milk instead of whole milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you could use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar to reduce the calorie content. Third, you could use a lower-fat alternative to heavy cream, such as half-and-half or coconut cream. Finally, you could reduce the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe or use an egg substitute to further reduce the calorie and fat content. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower calorie version of this delicious matcha ice cream recipe.
What to serve with a matcha ice cream?
Matcha ice cream is a delicious and unique dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors. One great option is to serve it with fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or raspberries, which will add a bright and refreshing contrast to the rich and creamy ice cream. Another option is to serve it with a drizzle of honey or caramel sauce, which will add a touch of sweetness and depth of flavor. For a more indulgent treat, consider serving the matcha ice cream with a warm brownie or chocolate cake, which will create a decadent and satisfying dessert experience. Whatever you choose, be sure to enjoy the unique and delicious flavor of matcha ice cream!
Whats the best sauce for a matcha ice cream?
The best sauce for matcha ice cream is a simple and classic combination of sweetened condensed milk and matcha powder. To make the sauce, whisk together 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk and 1 tablespoon of matcha powder until smooth. Drizzle the sauce over a scoop of matcha ice cream and enjoy the perfect balance of creamy sweetness and earthy matcha flavor. This sauce is also versatile and can be used as a topping for other desserts like cakes, pancakes, and waffles.
Matcha ice cream health benefits
Matcha ice cream is made from matcha powder, which is a type of green tea. Green tea is known for its high concentration of antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Matcha also contains a compound called L-theanine, which has been shown to promote relaxation and reduce stress. However, it is important to note that matcha ice cream is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a fruit sorbet using fresh or frozen fruit, which is lower in calories and sugar than traditional ice cream.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!