Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious and refreshing recipe for mango frozen custard. This creamy and fruity dessert is perfect for hot summer days and is sure to impress your family and friends. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a homemade treat that will have everyone asking for seconds. So, let’s get started and make some delicious mango frozen custard! We’ve made this mango frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups fresh mango puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the mango puree, heavy cream, whole milk, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the hot mango mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
1. Start by combining the mango puree, heavy cream, whole milk, and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.2. While the mixture is heating up, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl until they become light and fluffy.3. Once the mango mixture is simmering, slowly pour it into the egg yolk mixture while whisking constantly. This will prevent the eggs from curdling.4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should take about 10-15 minutes.5. Remove the custard from heat and let it cool to room temperature.6. Once the custard has cooled, pour it into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.7. Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until it becomes firm.8. Finally, serve and enjoy your delicious mango frozen custard!
How long does mango frozen custard last in the fridge?
Mango frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store the custard in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any odors or flavors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, allow the custard to cool to room temperature and then cover it with plastic wrap or a lid. When ready to serve, simply remove the custard from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and flavor.
Low calorie mango frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this mango frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or almond milk. This will significantly reduce the calorie count. Secondly, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. This will reduce the calorie count even further. Lastly, you can reduce the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe. Instead of using 6 egg yolks, you can use 4 or even 3 egg yolks. This will reduce the fat content and calorie count of the recipe. By making these substitutions, you can enjoy a delicious and creamy mango frozen custard with fewer calories.
What to serve with a mango frozen custard?
Mango frozen custard is a delicious and refreshing dessert that pairs well with a variety of accompaniments. For a tropical twist, consider serving it with fresh sliced mango or pineapple. For a contrasting texture, try adding a crunchy element such as toasted coconut flakes or chopped nuts. A drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce can also add a touch of sweetness and decadence. For a more savory option, serve the custard with a side of salty crackers or pretzels. Whatever you choose, the creamy and fruity flavors of the mango frozen custard are sure to be a hit.
Whats the best sauce for a mango frozen custard?
The best sauce for mango frozen custard is a simple and refreshing mango puree sauce. To make the sauce, blend fresh or frozen mango chunks with a little bit of sugar and a splash of lime juice until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of water to thin it out. The sweetness and tanginess of the mango puree will complement the creamy and rich texture of the frozen custard, creating a perfect balance of flavors. Drizzle the sauce over the custard and garnish with fresh mango slices or mint leaves for an extra pop of color and freshness.
Mango frozen custard health benefits
Mango frozen custard can be a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream as it is typically made with less sugar and fat. Mangoes are also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber. However, it is important to note that frozen custard is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a fruit sorbet using frozen mango, banana, and a splash of coconut milk. This would be a lower calorie and lower fat option while still providing the sweetness and creaminess of a frozen dessert.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!