Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you our delicious recipe for hazelnut gelato. This creamy and nutty dessert is perfect for any occasion, and it’s sure to impress your friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can create a homemade gelato that rivals any store-bought version. So, let’s get started and indulge in the rich and decadent flavors of hazelnut gelato! We’ve made this hazelnut gelato recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Add 1/2 cup of toasted and finely chopped hazelnuts to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- After 30 minutes, strain the milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan. Discard the hazelnuts.
- Reheat the milk mixture over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the gelato to a container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does hazelnut gelato last in the fridge?
Hazelnut gelato can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its texture and flavor. Before serving, allow the gelato to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is not recommended to refreeze gelato once it has been thawed.
Low calorie hazelnut gelato recipe substitutions
To make this hazelnut gelato recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you can use low-fat milk instead of whole milk and replace the heavy cream with light cream or half-and-half. You can also reduce the amount of sugar used or use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol. Instead of using egg yolks, you can use a thickening agent like cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Finally, you can reduce the amount of hazelnuts used or replace them with a lower-calorie nut like almonds or pistachios. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower-calorie version of this delicious hazelnut gelato recipe.
What to serve with a hazelnut gelato?
Hazelnut gelato is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors and textures. For a simple and elegant presentation, serve the gelato with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts. For a more complex flavor profile, pair the gelato with a slice of warm chocolate cake or a crunchy biscotti. Alternatively, serve the gelato with a fresh fruit compote or a dollop of whipped cream for a lighter and refreshing dessert option. Whatever you choose, hazelnut gelato is sure to be a crowd-pleaser that will leave your guests feeling satisfied and indulged.
Whats the best sauce for a hazelnut gelato?
The best sauce for hazelnut gelato is chocolate sauce. The rich and creamy chocolate flavor complements the nutty taste of the hazelnut gelato perfectly. You can make a simple chocolate sauce by melting dark chocolate with heavy cream and a pinch of salt. Drizzle the sauce over the gelato and top it with some chopped hazelnuts for an extra crunch. This combination is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth and leave you wanting more.
Hazelnut gelato health benefits
Hazelnut gelato can provide some health benefits when consumed in moderation. Hazelnuts are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and improve digestion. Additionally, hazelnuts contain vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage. However, gelato is typically high in sugar and calories, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a homemade fruit sorbet using fresh fruit, water, and a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. This would provide a refreshing and nutritious dessert option that is lower in calories and sugar than traditional gelato.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!