Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious and creamy recipe for hazelnut frozen custard. This frozen treat is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a refreshing dessert on a hot summer day or a sweet indulgence after dinner. With its rich and nutty flavor, this hazelnut frozen custard is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this delectable dessert! We’ve made this hazelnut frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup of toasted and finely chopped hazelnuts. Cover the pan and let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 6 large egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until pale and thick.
- Reheat the cream mixture over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until fully combined.
- Pour the custard mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until completely cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the frozen custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the hazelnut frozen custard topped with additional chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
How long does hazelnut frozen custard last in the fridge?
Hazelnut frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and flavor.
Low calorie hazelnut frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this hazelnut frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or almond milk. You can also use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Instead of using hazelnuts, you can use a lower calorie nut like almonds or skip the nuts altogether. Additionally, you can reduce the number of egg yolks used in the recipe or use egg substitutes. These substitutions will help to reduce the calorie content of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the frozen custard.
What to serve with a hazelnut frozen custard?
Hazelnut frozen custard is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a simple and elegant presentation, serve the custard with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts. For a more indulgent treat, top the custard with whipped cream and a cherry. Alternatively, serve the custard with a side of fresh berries or a warm fruit compote for a refreshing contrast to the rich and nutty flavor of the custard. Whatever you choose, hazelnut frozen custard is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Whats the best sauce for a hazelnut frozen custard?
The best sauce for hazelnut frozen custard would be a warm chocolate sauce. The rich and creamy texture of the custard pairs perfectly with the smooth and velvety chocolate sauce. The hazelnut flavor in the custard also complements the chocolate, creating a delicious and indulgent dessert. To make the sauce, simply melt chocolate chips with heavy cream and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle the warm sauce over the hazelnut frozen custard and enjoy!
Hazelnut frozen custard health benefits
Hazelnut frozen custard can provide some health benefits as hazelnuts are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. However, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and calories, which can be detrimental to health if consumed in excess. A healthier alternative would be to make a homemade hazelnut milkshake using unsweetened almond milk, frozen bananas, and a small amount of hazelnut butter. This recipe would provide similar hazelnut flavor and nutrients without the added sugar and calories of frozen custard.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!