Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we’re excited to share with you our delicious recipe for homemade coffee ice cream. This creamy and rich dessert is perfect for coffee lovers who want to enjoy their favorite beverage in a frozen form. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can make this coffee ice cream at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. So, let’s get started and make some delicious coffee ice cream! We’ve made this coffee ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 6 egg yolks
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of instant coffee granules in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and coffee granules have dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 6 egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly pour about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to temper the eggs and prevent them from curdling.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream base to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill the ice cream base in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream base in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does coffee ice cream last in the fridge?
Coffee ice cream can typically be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks after cooking. However, the exact storage time may vary depending on the recipe and ingredients used. It is important to store the ice cream in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and maintain its flavor and texture. Before serving, allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop. It is also recommended to label the container with the date it was made to keep track of its freshness.
Low calorie coffee ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this coffee ice cream recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you could use low-fat milk instead of whole milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you could use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar to reduce the calorie content. Third, you could use a lighter cream like half-and-half instead of heavy cream to reduce the fat content even further. Finally, you could reduce the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe or use an egg substitute to reduce the calorie and fat content. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower calorie version of this delicious coffee ice cream recipe.
What to serve with a coffee ice cream?
Coffee ice cream is a delicious dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors and textures. For a simple and classic pairing, serve the ice cream with a warm chocolate brownie or a crispy biscotti. For a more sophisticated option, try serving the ice cream with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt. Fresh berries or a fruit compote can also add a refreshing contrast to the rich coffee flavor. For a fun twist, consider serving the ice cream with a shot of espresso or a small glass of liqueur, such as Kahlua or Baileys.
Whats the best sauce for a coffee ice cream?
The best sauce for coffee ice cream is a rich and decadent chocolate fudge sauce. The bitterness of the coffee ice cream is perfectly complemented by the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a perfect balance of flavors. The smooth and creamy texture of the fudge sauce also adds a luxurious touch to the dessert. For an extra kick, you can add a splash of liqueur such as Kahlua or Baileys to the sauce. Drizzle the sauce generously over the coffee ice cream and enjoy a delicious and indulgent treat.
Coffee ice cream health benefits
Unfortunately, coffee ice cream does not have any significant health benefits. In fact, it is high in sugar and calories, which can lead to weight gain and other health issues if consumed in excess. As a healthier alternative, I would recommend making a fruit sorbet using fresh or frozen fruits. Sorbets are low in calories and fat, and are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants. You can also experiment with adding herbs like mint or basil to give it a unique flavor.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!