Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we are excited to share with you our delicious recipe for coconut gelato. This creamy and refreshing dessert is perfect for any occasion, and is sure to impress your friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a homemade treat that will transport you to a tropical paradise. So, let’s get started and make some delicious coconut gelato! We’ve made this coconut gelato recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine 2 cups of coconut milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut, and 1/4 tsp of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, strain it through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing on the shredded coconut to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is completely chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the gelato is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the gelato to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the coconut gelato topped with toasted coconut flakes, if desired.
How long does coconut gelato last in the fridge?
Coconut gelato can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its texture and flavor. Before serving, allow the gelato to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is not recommended to refreeze gelato once it has been thawed, as this can affect its quality and texture.
Low calorie coconut gelato recipe substitutions
To make this coconut gelato recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you can use light coconut milk instead of regular coconut milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you can use a low-calorie sweetener like stevia or monk fruit instead of granulated sugar. Third, you can reduce the amount of heavy cream used and replace it with a lower-fat alternative like half-and-half or almond milk. Finally, you can reduce the amount of shredded coconut used or omit it altogether to further reduce the calorie count. By making these substitutions, you can enjoy a lighter version of this delicious coconut gelato without sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a coconut gelato?
Coconut gelato is a delicious and refreshing dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors and textures. For a tropical twist, serve it with fresh fruit such as mango, pineapple, or kiwi. For a crunchy contrast, sprinkle toasted coconut flakes or chopped nuts on top. For a decadent treat, drizzle caramel or chocolate sauce over the gelato. Alternatively, you can serve it with a slice of cake or a cookie for a more substantial dessert. Whatever you choose, coconut gelato is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Whats the best sauce for a coconut gelato?
The best sauce for coconut gelato would be a raspberry or strawberry sauce. The tartness of the berries would complement the sweetness of the coconut, creating a perfect balance of flavors. Alternatively, a mango or passionfruit sauce would also work well, as the tropical flavors would enhance the coconut flavor. A chocolate or caramel sauce may be too heavy and overpowering for the delicate coconut flavor. Overall, a fruity sauce would be the best choice to pair with coconut gelato.
Coconut gelato health benefits
Coconut gelato can have some health benefits as it is made with coconut milk which is a good source of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. Coconut milk contains lauric acid which can boost the immune system and improve heart health. However, gelato is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as it is high in sugar and calories. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you can try making a fruit sorbet with fresh fruits and natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Sorbets are lower in calories and sugar and can still satisfy your sweet cravings.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!