Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious and refreshing recipe for coconut frozen custard. This creamy and tropical dessert is perfect for hot summer days or any time you’re craving something sweet and satisfying. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can whip up this delightful treat in no time. So, let’s get started and indulge in the creamy goodness of coconut frozen custard! We’ve made this coconut frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the coconut milk, heavy cream, and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup of sugar until pale and thick.
- Slowly pour the hot coconut milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly, until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does coconut frozen custard last in the fridge?
Coconut frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, allow the custard to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and flavor.
Low calorie coconut frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this coconut frozen custard recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, you can use light coconut milk instead of regular coconut milk to reduce the fat content. Secondly, you can use a low-calorie sweetener such as stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Thirdly, you can use a lower-fat alternative to heavy cream, such as half-and-half or evaporated milk. Finally, you can reduce the number of egg yolks used in the recipe to lower the calorie and fat content. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower-calorie version of this delicious dessert without sacrificing flavor.
What to serve with a coconut frozen custard?
Coconut frozen custard is a delicious and refreshing dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a tropical twist, try serving it with fresh sliced mango or pineapple. For a crunchy contrast, sprinkle toasted coconut flakes or chopped nuts on top. For a decadent treat, drizzle caramel or chocolate sauce over the custard. Alternatively, you can serve it with a side of fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream for a lighter option. Whatever you choose, the creamy and coconutty flavor of the custard is sure to be a hit.
Whats the best sauce for a coconut frozen custard?
The best sauce for coconut frozen custard is a warm caramel sauce. The sweetness of the caramel complements the subtle coconut flavor of the custard, creating a perfect balance of flavors. To make the caramel sauce, combine sugar, water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and turns amber in color. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and butter until smooth. Serve the warm caramel sauce over the coconut frozen custard and enjoy!
Coconut frozen custard health benefits
Coconut frozen custard can have some health benefits as coconut is a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and minerals. However, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and calories, which can be detrimental to health if consumed in excess. A healthier alternative would be to make a coconut chia seed pudding by combining coconut milk, chia seeds, and a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup. This recipe is lower in calories and sugar, while still providing the health benefits of coconut and chia seeds, which are high in fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!