Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you our delicious recipe for strawberry frozen custard. This creamy and refreshing dessert is perfect for any occasion, and it’s easy to make at home. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can whip up a batch of this sweet treat in no time. So, let’s get started and indulge in the delightful flavors of fresh strawberries and rich custard. We’ve made this strawberry frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream, and half of the sugar. Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to steam, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and remaining sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Stir the strawberry puree into the custard mixture until well combined.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cooled.
- Pour the chilled custard mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream, and half of the sugar. Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to steam, stirring occasionally.2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and remaining sugar until light and fluffy.3. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.4. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.5. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.6. Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.7. Stir the strawberry puree into the custard mixture until well combined.8. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cooled.9. Pour the chilled custard mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.10. Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.11. Serve and enjoy!
How long does strawberry frozen custard last in the fridge?
Strawberry frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, allow the custard to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and flavor.
Low calorie strawberry frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this strawberry frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, whole milk can be replaced with skim milk or almond milk, which are lower in calories. Heavy cream can be substituted with Greek yogurt or coconut cream, which are also lower in calories. Instead of using granulated sugar, a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup can be used in moderation. Additionally, reducing the number of egg yolks used or replacing them with egg whites can also lower the calorie count. By making these substitutions, the recipe can be made lower in calories without compromising on taste.
What to serve with a strawberry frozen custard?
Strawberry frozen custard is a delicious and refreshing dessert that pairs well with a variety of accompaniments. For a simple and classic option, serve the custard with fresh sliced strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. For a more indulgent treat, top the custard with hot fudge sauce and chopped nuts. For a contrasting texture, serve the custard with a crisp cookie or biscuit. Alternatively, pair the custard with a tart fruit sauce or a drizzle of balsamic reduction for a sophisticated twist. Whatever you choose, the sweet and creamy flavor of the custard is sure to be a hit.
Whats the best sauce for a strawberry frozen custard?
The best sauce for strawberry frozen custard is a simple strawberry sauce made with fresh strawberries, sugar, and a splash of lemon juice. To make the sauce, combine sliced strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the strawberries have released their juices and the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in a splash of lemon juice. Let the sauce cool before serving over the strawberry frozen custard. This sauce is the perfect complement to the creamy, sweet custard and highlights the natural sweetness of the strawberries.
Strawberry frozen custard health benefits
Strawberry frozen custard can be a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream as it is typically made with less sugar and fat. Strawberries are also a good source of vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. However, it is important to note that frozen custard is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a strawberry smoothie bowl with Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, and a variety of toppings such as nuts, seeds, and fresh fruit. This recipe would provide a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins while still satisfying your sweet tooth.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!