Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious recipe for pumpkin pie frozen custard. This creamy and flavorful dessert is perfect for the fall season and will surely impress your guests. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a homemade frozen custard that is sure to be a hit. So, let’s get started and indulge in this delightful treat! We’ve made this pumpkin pie frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg yolks
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks.
- Slowly pour about 1/2 cup of the hot pumpkin mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining pumpkin mixture and whisk to combine.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and strain it through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill the custard in the refrigerator until it is completely cold, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Churn the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the pumpkin pie frozen custard topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
How long does pumpkin pie frozen custard last in the fridge?
Pumpkin pie frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or spoilage. If you plan to store it for longer than 4 days, it is recommended to freeze it instead. When freezing, make sure to use a freezer-safe container and label it with the date to keep track of its freshness. When ready to eat, thaw the frozen custard in the fridge overnight before serving.
Low calorie pumpkin pie frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this pumpkin pie frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or almond milk. Secondly, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Thirdly, you can reduce the amount of pumpkin puree used in the recipe. Lastly, you can skip the whipped cream topping or use a low-fat whipped cream alternative. These substitutions will help to reduce the calorie count of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the pumpkin pie frozen custard.
What to serve with a pumpkin pie frozen custard?
Pumpkin pie frozen custard is a delicious dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a classic combination, serve the custard with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You could also add a drizzle of caramel sauce or a handful of toasted pecans for extra flavor and texture. If you’re feeling adventurous, try serving the custard with a slice of warm apple pie or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Whatever you choose, the rich, creamy flavor of the custard is sure to be a hit with your guests.
Whats the best sauce for a pumpkin pie frozen custard?
The best sauce for pumpkin pie frozen custard is a warm caramel sauce. The sweetness of the caramel complements the spiciness of the pumpkin pie custard, creating a perfect balance of flavors. To make the caramel sauce, combine sugar, water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and turns amber in color. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and butter until smooth. Serve the warm caramel sauce over the pumpkin pie frozen custard for a delicious and decadent dessert.
Pumpkin pie frozen custard health benefits
Unfortunately, pumpkin pie frozen custard is not a particularly healthy dessert option. While pumpkin itself is a nutritious vegetable, the addition of sugar, cream, and eggs in the custard recipe can make it high in calories, saturated fat, and cholesterol. However, there are ways to make a healthier version of pumpkin dessert, such as pumpkin oatmeal cookies or pumpkin chia pudding. These recipes use whole grains, natural sweeteners, and nutrient-dense ingredients to provide a healthier dessert option.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!