Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you our recipe for a refreshing and delicious mint frozen custard. This creamy and cool dessert is perfect for hot summer days or any time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can make this minty delight right in your own kitchen. So, let’s get started and make some mint frozen custard! We’ve made this mint frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 6 large egg yolks. Slowly pour about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Discard the mint leaves.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Chill the custard in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the custard is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve the mint frozen custard scooped into bowls or cones, garnished with fresh mint leaves if desired.
How long does mint frozen custard last in the fridge?
Mint frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or absorption of odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, give it a good stir to ensure it is smooth and creamy. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months. However, keep in mind that freezing may affect the texture and flavor of the custard.
Low calorie mint frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this mint frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or a combination of low-fat milk and heavy cream. You can also use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Additionally, you can reduce the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe or use egg substitutes like egg whites or egg beaters. These substitutions will help reduce the overall calorie count of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the mint frozen custard.
What to serve with a mint frozen custard?
Mint frozen custard is a refreshing and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a simple and classic option, serve the custard with fresh berries such as strawberries or raspberries. Alternatively, you could add a drizzle of chocolate sauce or caramel sauce for a decadent touch. For a crunchy texture, sprinkle chopped nuts such as almonds or pistachios on top. Finally, for a fun and playful twist, serve the mint frozen custard with a side of chocolate chip cookies or brownies.
Whats the best sauce for a mint frozen custard?
The best sauce for mint frozen custard is a rich and creamy chocolate sauce. The cool and refreshing flavor of the mint custard pairs perfectly with the rich and decadent taste of chocolate. To make the sauce, melt high-quality dark chocolate in a double boiler and stir in heavy cream until smooth and glossy. Drizzle the sauce over the mint custard and top with fresh mint leaves or chocolate shavings for an extra touch of elegance. The combination of the cool mint and warm chocolate will create a delicious and satisfying dessert that is sure to impress your guests.
Mint frozen custard health benefits
Mint frozen custard can have some health benefits. Mint is known to aid digestion and can help soothe an upset stomach. Additionally, mint has anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve headaches and other pains. However, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and fat, which can be detrimental to overall health if consumed in excess. For a healthier option, I would recommend a fruit smoothie made with fresh or frozen fruit, low-fat yogurt, and a small amount of honey or agave for sweetness. This would provide a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber without the added sugar and fat.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!