Hello and welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we’re excited to share with you our recipe for matcha gelato. This delicious and refreshing dessert is perfect for any occasion, and is sure to impress your friends and family. With its vibrant green color and unique flavor, matcha gelato is a must-try for any fan of Japanese cuisine or green tea. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this delicious treat! We’ve made this matcha gelato recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup matcha powder
- Heat 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks until they are light and frothy.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1/4 cup of matcha powder until it is fully incorporated.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the gelato to a container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does matcha gelato last in the fridge?
Matcha gelato can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its flavor and texture. Before serving, allow the gelato to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is not recommended to refreeze gelato that has already been thawed as it can affect the quality and texture of the dessert.
Low calorie matcha gelato recipe substitutions
To make this matcha gelato recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or almond milk. You can also use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Additionally, you can reduce the number of egg yolks used or use egg substitutes like egg whites or a vegan egg substitute. These substitutions will help reduce the calorie content of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the gelato.
What to serve with a matcha gelato?
Matcha gelato is a delicious and unique dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors. For a complementary taste, serve it with fresh berries such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. The tartness of the berries will balance out the sweetness of the gelato and enhance the earthy flavor of the matcha. Alternatively, you can serve it with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of chopped nuts for added texture and sweetness. For a more indulgent treat, pair it with a slice of cake or a warm brownie.
Whats the best sauce for a matcha gelato?
The best sauce for matcha gelato is a simple yet delicious white chocolate sauce. The sweetness of the white chocolate complements the bitterness of the matcha, creating a perfect balance of flavors. To make the sauce, simply melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave, then stir in a bit of heavy cream to create a smooth and creamy consistency. Drizzle the sauce over the matcha gelato and enjoy!
Matcha gelato health benefits
Matcha gelato is made from matcha powder, which is a type of green tea. Green tea is known for its high antioxidant content, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Matcha powder is also high in catechins, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Additionally, matcha contains caffeine, which can help improve mental alertness and focus. However, it is important to note that matcha gelato is still a dessert and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a fruit sorbet using fresh fruit and natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!