Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we’re excited to share with you our recipe for matcha frozen custard. This creamy and refreshing dessert is perfect for any occasion, and the addition of matcha powder gives it a unique and delicious flavor. Whether you’re a matcha lover or just looking for a new dessert to try, this recipe is sure to impress. So, let’s get started and make some delicious matcha frozen custard! We’ve made this matcha frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup matcha powder
- 6 large egg yolks
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of matcha powder in a medium saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a simmer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 6 large egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the wrap directly onto the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming.
- Chill the custard in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does matcha frozen custard last in the fridge?
Matcha frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any moisture from getting in and causing freezer burn. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and quality of the dessert.
Low calorie matcha frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this matcha frozen custard recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you could use low-fat milk instead of whole milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you could use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar to reduce the calorie content. Third, you could use a lower-fat alternative to heavy cream, such as half-and-half or coconut cream. Finally, you could reduce the amount of egg yolks used in the recipe, or use an egg substitute like egg whites or a vegan egg replacer. These substitutions will help to reduce the overall calorie content of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the frozen custard.
What to serve with a matcha frozen custard?
Matcha frozen custard is a delicious and unique dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors. For a complementary taste, consider serving it with fresh berries such as strawberries or raspberries. The tartness of the berries will balance out the sweetness of the custard and the earthy flavor of the matcha. Alternatively, you could serve it with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of chopped nuts for added texture and flavor. For a more indulgent option, try pairing it with a warm chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. Whatever you choose, the matcha frozen custard is sure to be a hit with your guests.
Whats the best sauce for a matcha frozen custard?
The best sauce for matcha frozen custard would be a sweet and tangy raspberry sauce. The tartness of the raspberries complements the earthy and slightly bitter flavor of the matcha, while the sweetness balances out the overall taste. To make the sauce, simply blend fresh or frozen raspberries with sugar and a splash of lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle the sauce over the matcha frozen custard and enjoy the delicious combination of flavors.
Matcha frozen custard health benefits
Matcha frozen custard has several health benefits. Matcha is a type of green tea that is high in antioxidants, which can help protect against cell damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. It also contains caffeine, which can improve mental alertness and concentration. Additionally, matcha has been shown to boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. However, it is important to note that frozen custard is high in sugar and calories, so it should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you could try making a matcha smoothie bowl with almond milk, frozen fruit, and a scoop of matcha powder. This would provide similar health benefits without the added sugar and calories of frozen custard.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!