Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious recipe for homemade hazelnut ice cream. This creamy and nutty dessert is perfect for any occasion and is sure to impress your friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a decadent treat that will have everyone asking for seconds. So, let’s get started and make some delicious hazelnut ice cream! We’ve made this hazelnut ice cream recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- Heat 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of toasted and chopped hazelnuts in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks until light and frothy.
- Slowly pour the warm cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does hazelnut ice cream last in the fridge?
Hazelnut ice cream can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks after cooking. However, it is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its flavor and texture. Before serving, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is also important to note that homemade ice cream may not last as long as store-bought ice cream due to the absence of preservatives. Therefore, it is best to consume it within a week for optimal freshness.
Low calorie hazelnut ice cream recipe substitutions
To make this hazelnut ice cream recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you could use low-fat milk instead of whole milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you could use a sugar substitute like stevia or Splenda instead of granulated sugar to reduce the calorie content. Third, you could use a smaller amount of hazelnuts or omit them altogether to reduce the calorie and fat content. Finally, you could use a lower-fat cream or a non-dairy alternative like coconut cream to reduce the fat content. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower calorie version of this delicious hazelnut ice cream.
What to serve with a hazelnut ice cream?
Hazelnut ice cream is a rich and nutty dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors and textures. For a simple and elegant dessert, serve hazelnut ice cream with a drizzle of warm chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts. For a more complex dessert, pair hazelnut ice cream with a slice of warm apple pie or a poached pear. Alternatively, serve hazelnut ice cream with a crunchy biscotti or a buttery shortbread cookie for a satisfying contrast in texture. Whatever you choose, hazelnut ice cream is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Whats the best sauce for a hazelnut ice cream?
The best sauce for hazelnut ice cream is chocolate sauce. The rich and creamy chocolate flavor complements the nutty taste of the hazelnut ice cream perfectly. You can make a simple chocolate sauce by melting chocolate chips with heavy cream and a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth and pour over the ice cream. You can also add a splash of hazelnut liqueur to the sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Enjoy!
Hazelnut ice cream health benefits
Hazelnut ice cream can provide some health benefits as hazelnuts are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, magnesium, and potassium. However, ice cream is generally high in sugar and calories, which can have negative effects on health if consumed in excess. A healthier alternative would be to make a homemade hazelnut smoothie using hazelnut milk, frozen bananas, and a scoop of protein powder. This would provide similar hazelnut flavor and nutrients without the added sugar and calories of ice cream.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!