Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you our delicious recipe for chocolate gelato. This creamy and rich dessert is perfect for any chocolate lover and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can create a homemade gelato that rivals any store-bought version. So, let’s get started and indulge in some decadent chocolate goodness! We’ve made this chocolate gelato recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk together 2 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the gelato to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does chocolate gelato last in the fridge?
Chocolate gelato can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its texture and flavor. Before serving, allow the gelato to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is not recommended to refreeze gelato once it has been thawed, as this can affect its quality and texture.
Low calorie chocolate gelato recipe substitutions
To make this chocolate gelato recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Instead of using whole milk and heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk and light cream. You can also reduce the amount of sugar used or use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol. Additionally, you can use unsweetened almond milk instead of whole milk to further reduce the calorie count. Finally, you can reduce the serving size or use smaller portions to limit the calorie intake. By making these substitutions, you can enjoy a lower calorie version of this delicious chocolate gelato recipe.
What to serve with a chocolate gelato?
Chocolate gelato is a rich and decadent dessert that pairs well with a variety of complementary flavors. One classic option is to serve it with fresh berries, such as raspberries or strawberries, which add a tart and refreshing contrast to the creamy sweetness of the gelato. Another option is to pair it with a crunchy biscotti or a buttery shortbread cookie, which provide a satisfying texture and a subtle flavor that doesn’t overpower the chocolate. For a more indulgent treat, you could also drizzle some warm chocolate sauce over the gelato or sprinkle it with chopped nuts, such as hazelnuts or almonds, for a nutty crunch. Whatever you choose, be sure to savor each bite of this delicious dessert!
Whats the best sauce for a chocolate gelato?
The best sauce for chocolate gelato is a rich and velvety chocolate fudge sauce. This sauce complements the creamy and intense flavor of the chocolate gelato perfectly, adding an extra layer of decadence to the dessert. To make the sauce, melt high-quality dark chocolate with heavy cream and a touch of butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and glossy. You can also add a splash of vanilla extract or a pinch of sea salt to enhance the flavor. Drizzle the warm sauce generously over the scoops of chocolate gelato and serve immediately for a heavenly dessert experience.
Chocolate gelato health benefits
While chocolate gelato can be a delicious treat, it is not typically considered a health food. However, dark chocolate does contain antioxidants and flavonoids that may have some health benefits, such as reducing inflammation and improving heart health. It is important to note that these benefits are only present in dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa solids, and not in milk chocolate or white chocolate. If you are looking for a healthier dessert option, consider making a fruit salad with a variety of colorful fruits, which are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Alternatively, you could make a yogurt parfait with Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and a drizzle of honey for a sweet and satisfying treat that is also high in protein.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!