Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we are excited to share with you a delicious and unique recipe for avocado frozen custard. This creamy and refreshing dessert is perfect for those hot summer days and is sure to impress your friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create a dessert that is both healthy and indulgent. So, let’s get started and make some avocado frozen custard! We’ve made this avacado frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel and pit 2 ripe avocados. Puree the avocados in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir in the avocado puree until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does avacado frozen custard last in the fridge?
Avocado frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent any contamination or spoilage. Before storing, make sure the custard has cooled down to room temperature. When ready to serve, give it a good stir to ensure it is smooth and creamy. If you notice any signs of spoilage such as an off smell or mold, discard the custard immediately.
Low calorie avacado frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this avocado frozen custard recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. Firstly, you can replace the heavy cream with a lighter alternative such as half-and-half or whole milk. Secondly, you can reduce the amount of sugar used or replace it with a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup. Thirdly, you can use low-fat or non-fat milk instead of whole milk. Lastly, you can reduce the number of egg yolks used or replace them with egg substitutes. By making these substitutions, you can significantly reduce the calorie content of this recipe while still enjoying a delicious and creamy frozen custard.
What to serve with a avacado frozen custard?
Avocado frozen custard is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors. To complement the subtle nuttiness of the avocado, consider serving it with a drizzle of honey or a sprinkle of toasted nuts. For a more tropical twist, top the custard with diced mango or pineapple. Alternatively, you could serve it with a side of fresh berries or a dollop of whipped cream for a classic dessert pairing. Whatever you choose, be sure to enjoy this unique and delicious treat!
Whats the best sauce for a avacado frozen custard?
The best sauce for avocado frozen custard would be a sweet and tangy fruit sauce, such as a raspberry or mango sauce. The sweetness of the fruit will complement the creamy and slightly savory flavor of the avocado custard, while the tanginess will provide a nice contrast. A simple fruit sauce can be made by blending fresh or frozen fruit with a bit of sugar and lemon juice, then straining out any seeds or pulp. Alternatively, a drizzle of honey or agave syrup can also work well as a topping for avocado frozen custard.
Avacado frozen custard health benefits
Avocado frozen custard can have some health benefits as avocados are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins such as vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin E. However, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and calories, which can negate some of the health benefits of the avocado. A healthier alternative would be to make a simple avocado smoothie by blending avocado with almond milk, spinach, and a small amount of honey or maple syrup for sweetness. This smoothie would provide the same health benefits of avocado without the added sugar and calories of frozen custard.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!