Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we’re excited to share with you our recipe for delicious pistachio gelato. This creamy and nutty dessert is perfect for any occasion, and with our easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be able to make it right in your own kitchen. So, let’s get started and indulge in the sweet and savory flavors of this classic Italian treat. We’ve made this pistachio gelato recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely ground
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine 2 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of finely ground shelled pistachios in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until light and frothy.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the gelato is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the gelato to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does pistachio gelato last in the fridge?
Pistachio gelato can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn and to maintain its texture and flavor. Before serving, allow the gelato to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. It is not recommended to refreeze gelato that has already been thawed, as this can affect its quality and texture.
Low calorie pistachio gelato recipe substitutions
To make this pistachio gelato recipe lower in calories, there are a few substitutions that can be made. First, you can use low-fat milk instead of whole milk to reduce the fat content. Second, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar to reduce the calorie content. Third, you can reduce the amount of heavy cream used and replace it with more low-fat milk. Finally, you can reduce the amount of pistachios used or use a lower calorie nut like almonds or cashews. By making these substitutions, you can create a lower calorie version of this delicious pistachio gelato recipe.
What to serve with a pistachio gelato?
Pistachio gelato is a delicious and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of flavors. For a classic Italian pairing, serve the gelato with a shot of espresso or a small cup of strong coffee. For a more indulgent treat, top the gelato with whipped cream and chopped pistachios. For a refreshing twist, serve the gelato with fresh berries or a drizzle of raspberry sauce. Another great option is to pair the gelato with a slice of almond cake or a buttery shortbread cookie. No matter how you choose to serve it, pistachio gelato is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Whats the best sauce for a pistachio gelato?
The best sauce for pistachio gelato is a rich and creamy chocolate sauce. The nutty and earthy flavor of the pistachio pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a delicious and indulgent dessert. Alternatively, a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of crushed pistachios can also complement the gelato’s flavor. Ultimately, the choice of sauce depends on personal preference, but chocolate is a classic and reliable option that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Pistachio gelato health benefits
Pistachio gelato can have some health benefits when consumed in moderation. Pistachios are a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease and improve cholesterol levels. However, gelato is typically high in sugar and calories, which can negate some of these benefits. To make a healthier dessert, consider making a fruit salad with a variety of fresh fruits, such as berries, kiwi, and mango. This will provide a range of vitamins and minerals, as well as fiber and antioxidants, without the added sugar and calories of gelato.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!