Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co.! Today, we are excited to share with you our recipe for a delicious and creamy pistachio frozen custard. This dessert is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re looking for a refreshing treat on a hot summer day or a sweet ending to a dinner party. With its rich pistachio flavor and smooth texture, this frozen custard is sure to become a new favorite in your dessert repertoire. So, let’s get started and whip up a batch of this irresistible pistachio frozen custard! We’ve made this pistachio frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine heavy cream, whole milk, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Add chopped pistachios to the hot cream mixture and let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and salt until light and frothy.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Pour the custard mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until the custard is thick and creamy.
- Transfer the frozen custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the pistachio frozen custard scooped into bowls or cones, garnished with additional chopped pistachios if desired.
How long does pistachio frozen custard last in the fridge?
Pistachio frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week after cooking. It is important to store the custard in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any unwanted flavors or odors from other foods in the fridge. Before storing, allow the custard to cool to room temperature and then cover it with plastic wrap or a lid. When ready to serve, simply remove the custard from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften before scooping. It is not recommended to freeze the custard as it can affect the texture and quality of the dessert.
Low calorie pistachio frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this pistachio frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, instead of using heavy cream, you can use low-fat milk or almond milk. Secondly, you can use a sugar substitute like stevia or erythritol instead of granulated sugar. Thirdly, you can reduce the amount of pistachios used or use a lower-calorie nut like almonds or cashews. Lastly, you can reduce the number of egg yolks used or use egg substitutes like egg whites or a vegan egg substitute. These substitutions will help to reduce the calorie content of the recipe while still maintaining the flavor and texture of the frozen custard.
What to serve with a pistachio frozen custard?
Pistachio frozen custard is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a simple and elegant presentation, serve the custard with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and a drizzle of honey or caramel sauce. For a more indulgent treat, top the custard with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Fresh berries or a fruit compote can also add a refreshing contrast to the richness of the custard. For a savory twist, serve the custard alongside a cheese plate or with a slice of warm bread.
Whats the best sauce for a pistachio frozen custard?
The best sauce for pistachio frozen custard would be a warm chocolate ganache. The rich and creamy chocolate flavor complements the nutty taste of the pistachio custard perfectly. To make the ganache, simply heat heavy cream in a saucepan until it starts to simmer, then pour it over chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Drizzle the warm ganache over the pistachio frozen custard and enjoy!
Pistachio frozen custard health benefits
Pistachio frozen custard can provide some health benefits as pistachios are a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. They also contain antioxidants and may help lower cholesterol levels. However, frozen custard is typically high in sugar and calories, so it should be consumed in moderation. For a healthier alternative, a homemade fruit sorbet made with fresh fruit, water, and a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup would be a better option.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!