Welcome to Spaghetti Eis Co! Today, we’re excited to share with you a delicious recipe for coffee frozen custard. This creamy and rich dessert is perfect for coffee lovers who want to indulge in a sweet treat. With just a few simple ingredients and some patience, you can create a dessert that will impress your friends and family. So, let’s get started and make some coffee frozen custard! We’ve made this coffee frozen custard recipe easy to follow 👨🍳.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup of instant coffee granules in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and coffee granules have dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 6 large egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the custard to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!
How long does coffee frozen custard last in the fridge?
Coffee frozen custard can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days after cooking. It is important to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing any odors or flavors from other foods in the fridge. Before serving, allow the custard to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften it up. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it for up to 2-3 months. However, keep in mind that freezing may affect the texture and consistency of the custard.
Low calorie coffee frozen custard recipe substitutions
To make this coffee frozen custard recipe lower in calories, some substitutions can be made. Firstly, heavy cream can be replaced with a lighter option such as half-and-half or whole milk. Secondly, the amount of sugar can be reduced or replaced with a sugar substitute such as stevia or erythritol. Thirdly, instant coffee granules can be replaced with brewed coffee or espresso to reduce the amount of added sugar. Lastly, the number of egg yolks can be reduced or replaced with a lower-calorie alternative such as egg whites or a vegan egg substitute. These substitutions will help to reduce the overall calorie count of the recipe while still maintaining its flavor and texture.
What to serve with a coffee frozen custard?
Coffee frozen custard is a rich and creamy dessert that pairs well with a variety of toppings and accompaniments. For a simple and classic option, serve the custard with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of chopped nuts. For a more indulgent treat, top the custard with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder. Fresh berries or a fruit compote can also add a refreshing contrast to the rich custard. To balance out the sweetness, consider serving the custard with a cup of strong black coffee or a shot of espresso.
Whats the best sauce for a coffee frozen custard?
The best sauce for coffee frozen custard would be a rich and decadent chocolate sauce. The bitterness of the coffee in the custard pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a delicious balance of flavors. To make the sauce, simply melt high-quality dark chocolate with heavy cream and a touch of butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Drizzle the warm sauce over the cold custard and enjoy the perfect combination of creamy, coffee goodness and rich chocolate indulgence.
Coffee frozen custard health benefits
Unfortunately, coffee frozen custard is not a particularly healthy dessert option. While it may contain some nutrients from the milk and eggs used to make it, it is also high in sugar and calories. However, there are many healthier dessert options available that can still satisfy a sweet tooth. For example, a fruit salad with a dollop of Greek yogurt or a homemade smoothie made with fresh fruit and almond milk would be a much healthier choice. These options provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber while also being lower in calories and sugar.
Check out other popular ice cream and spaghetti eis makers below!